Monday, December 24, 2012

What is this blog about?


First, I hope you'll excuse my lack of blogging knowledge while I get this thing rolling. The purpose of this blog is to share the small part of my life, almost 2 years now, that I have spent dealing with this thing called spinal stenosis. Hopefully I will be able to encourage and enlighten those of you who are experiencing something similar, or who are just curious.

I know there are a lot of other far more serious and life-threatening medical topics such as cancer, heart disease etc., so spinal stenosis is just a drop in the bucket of the magnitude of suffering others are experiencing. Nevertheless it is still painful, debilitating and frustrating.

Since I am just starting the blog now, I will create back-fill posts with most of my experiences leading up to this point, continuing on through the surgery and recovery period, and maybe throw in a few post-recovery follow ups down the road.

I've always been a positive thinker with a streak of off-the-wall Far Side-ish humor, so bear with
me while I try to create something useful and maybe even a teensy bit entertaining. In fact, for
some strange reason these days, I seem to view most situations as if they were Far Side
cartoons, so I may even try my hand at including some rough cartoons. Warning - my drawing
skills are at a kindergarten level, and my humor is weird and somewhat rude-imentary, but hey -
everyone has to start somewhere. Gary Larson has nothing to worry about, that's for sure.

Now, let's begin at the beginning, and please, no complaints about the grammar. iPad will assist with the spelling.

No comments: