Friday, January 18, 2013

No, I didn't see the bright white light

Obviously!

It's been a long and a short day all in one - so far.

Last night we had a fantastic dinner at Moxie's here  in Ottawa. We were celebrating Marie-Claude's birthday and jokingly referring to it as my "Last Supper". So as you can see, it wasn't. Well, only until I start farting again - nurse's wording not mine! No, they won't give you solid food until things start moving around again in that department.

Anyway, it's been long because I was awake half the night with a Christmas Eve kind of excitement. Up at 4:30 am to shower etc and scrub with a special disinfecting cleanser soap, and buzz over to the hospital for a 6am admitting.

Short, because when the anesthetist injected the narcotic into the IV line at 8:00, I instantly lost 6 hours of  my life and arrived in Recovery at 2pm. I think it's a kind of time-travel deal. At 4 they wheeled me into my room, called Heather and here I am.

I've been drifting in and out of sleep since, and nodded off half a dozen times while I was typing this post, tryng to fulfill my obligations to my loyal readers.  Oh yeah, they have wireless Internet here and Heather brought my iPad in with her.

Other than that I'm pretty ugh useless at the moment so it's time to sign off, get a hit of morphine and get some sleep.

See y'all later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy that the operation was a success.

Take advantage of the rest time!

Give Heather a big giant hug.

You sent all of us...your friends...good news!!

See you buddy

Gerry